GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all, I have a ‘99 2 door Tahoe sport. Bought it last year and had always wanted one of these. So I replaced plugs (ngk), wires, ignition coil, cap, rotor, fuel filter, CS sensor, Intake manifold gasket, spider, starter, water pump, alt lol. A **** ton.

Anyway, so I do audio comps and truck goes through a lot of vibration. After doing all that ran like a 2019 super smooth. I drove off bumping 150dbs and made it 4 blocks before it just shut off... wouldn’t start. Towed it home and after 3 different buddies messing with it, she finally started 3 weeks later, after screwing with the cap and rotor.

Now it runs rough, sluggish from a start, once going she’s good tho, getting like 4mpg. When it’s cold out (I live in Colorado) she starts immediately no hesitation until warmed up. Warmer days it takes a min an a few tries to crank over. I also tried some 91 and it ran sliiiiightly better, but not enough to offset the cost in this beast. Any advice would be helpful, I’m about to just sell it, but I’d rather keep it if possible.

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,099 Posts
Howdy and Welcome.

Sounds an awful lot like a bad fuel pump. Have you checked your fuel pressure, anything south of 58psi makes these trucks struggle like trying to breathe through a straw while hiking across Death Valley.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Howdy and Welcome.

Sounds an awful lot like a bad fuel pump. Have you checked your fuel pressure, anything south of 58psi makes these trucks struggle like trying to breathe through a straw while hiking across Death Valley.
I did check it in the midst of tossing parts at it lol. Don’t remember exactly what it was, but I remember it was good. Pump whines and sounds healthy though.

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,099 Posts
Still a good idea to check again.

Reactions: thegawd
1 - 4 of 4 Posts