I just bought a 01 silverado Z71 w/ the 5.3 L in it.... i love the truck but want to do some mods to it to make it my own.... Any one have any ideas on where to strart?? The truck is pretty much bone stock...
would it put any extra stress on any of my suspension parts if I raised my front torsion bars to level the front out with the back a little better? Also, whats the biggest size tires I can fit on my truck sitting at stock height?
Forget thinking about a lift, you will regret it with the 99-02 models.
My father-in-law has an 01 and I did the following to make it look, drive, ride and preform outstanding.
1. Flowmaster 2.5" exhaust (dual out the back, sounds like a Mustang 5.0 but better!!!)
2. K&N Air filter. (Just the filter for about $50, forget the cute chrome tubie deal. It looks gay and serves zero function.)
3. Go-Rhino Chrome Side Steps.
4. Black plastic bed caps with pop-up tie downs.
5. A nice black or chrome diamond plated tool chest in the bed.
6. A good set of interior matching floor mats. Something with a good grip on the bottom to prevent slipage. This is a must have for resale value! It really helps keep the mud out.
7. BF Goodrich 285/75/16 All Terrain Tires. I used the stock 16x7 rims and the ride is incredible.
8. A good bug guard for the hood.
9. A nice trailer hitch cover
10. Remove the ugly ass factory black fender flares!
11. A good looking dash cover is a nice touch.
12. CHANGE ALL FLUIDS TO SYNTHETIC!!!!!!!!!
Besides the 06, this is my favorite year. It has a good look, a super nice ride and has the potential for the right person to make it their own. Good Luck, I will shoot a couple of pictures of "White Glory" and post it here soon.
I've got an 02 and just started making changes...
Get the truck level...A few turns on those keys will get you close, but I'm finding the leveling kit (4 shocks, keys, and rear blocks) is going to be needed to get the ride height I'm looking for.
I've got 285s on the truck now, and they were on there before I tightened the screws. I want to get a set of BFG AT's (I agree, they are by far the best looking and performing AT out there) It'd be nice to get a set of 15" wheels and go for the 33"s...I'll see how i make out at tax time.
Spray in bed liners are cool...I love it..its tough. I got black, but you can do any color. My buddy has a grey GMC with a bright orange spray in bed liner. It looks sick..especially with his KTMs in the back.
I like lights...I want to do the westin bull bar with two round off-road lights.
Bed cover...im simple..black vinyl..
Vent shade things...those are great. I had those on my blazer...need them for this truck.
Boosting performance is my favorite part. Nothing better than a long smokey burnout to let you know your money was well spent.
I see a cold air intake, Full exhaust, roller rockers, and a Diablosport tuner in my trucks near future.
I'll be happy when all that is done...
Like I said, I'm simple....
But hey...thats my truck...you've got to make your truck yours...:great:
A forum community dedicated to all General Motors truck owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, lift kits, wheels, tires, modifications, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!