GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, a few months back I wired a power wire from under the hood to an amp, I had the amp connected to 2 12"s s and it was sounding nice. On the 2nd day I decided to re-check the wiring because the truck would not start up right, it started cranking longer and longer in order to get it started, I realized that I had forgotten to install a fuse on the power cable. I disconnected everything and now everyother time i start the truck it it takes 2 cranks to get the thing started, the 1st crank just cranks and cranks, on the 2nd crank it'll fire right up. My question is what could this mistake have damaged? Pretty sure it damaged something electrical, It kinda felt like a fuel problem cuz of the cranking issue but Im still leaning towards the electrical. I need help, this problem gets pretty embarrassing seeing that the truck only has 65k.. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,377 Posts
you may have done something to the ECM by shorting out the truck. If so, that's an expensive mistake I don't think you're gonna forget too soon...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts