GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a tremendous amount of wind generated noise at my windshield on my 01 Tahoe. It sounds like rain hitting the windshield and is driving me nuts. It occurs at speeds above 50 mph and will not go away. On the highway, when someone overtakes me the noise disappears until they get 40-50 yards ahead of me then it comes back. I do not have side louvers but I do have a bugshield on the front. My wife hit a pothole and this started. Really weird stuff...just sounds like a driving rainstorm hitting the windshield and I am really perplexed. Can someone help me here?
Thanks a millon.
Roy

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Try this

Is the noise inside or outside? For inside noises/air leaks, I like to use a length of vacuum tubing and with one end in the ear, move the other end around the interior near the windows, jams, and vents to pinpoint the location.:biggrin:

·
Registered
34 Posts
It is common with a bugshield, the air actually gets under the front windshield molding and causes alot of noise. Take off the deflector and I guarantee it goes away! When someone passes you it actually sucks the air off your vehicle until they get to far away...almost like drafting in NASCAR.

JP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts