GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

i have a 2002 silverado 4x4 with a 4.3 v-6
it is a work truck short bed with a 5 speed manual transmission.
while driving, when the truck hits about 2000 rpm i lose power and the truck bucks and shakes. it acts like it is going to stall, it feels like the truck should be back fireing, but it doesnt. i just replaced the fuel pump it went in july and with the new pump i installed the upgraded wiring kit that came with the pump along with a new fuel filter. i also replaced the cam shaft sensor, i tested it when the pump went. i had this problem before the fuel pump went though. i also want to ad the only upgrade i have on the truck is a K&N air filter. does any body have any suggestions???

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
SES come on yet by any chance?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the ses light has not come on. my buddy and i ran a diognostic scan on the truck with a hand held scanner and no trouble codes came up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
hi guys

i have a 2002 silverado 4x4 with a 4.3 v-6
it is a work truck short bed with a 5 speed manual transmission.
while driving, when the truck hits about 2000 rpm i lose power and the truck bucks and shakes. it acts like it is going to stall, it feels like the truck should be back fireing, but it doesnt. i just replaced the fuel pump it went in july and with the new pump i installed the upgraded wiring kit that came with the pump along with a new fuel filter. i also replaced the cam shaft sensor, i tested it when the pump went. i had this problem before the fuel pump went though. i also want to ad the only upgrade i have on the truck is a K&N air filter. does any body have any suggestions???
Have the engine vacuum checked. It could be a plugged catalytic converter.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Like John said. I'm feeling the vacumn leak too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like the catalytic converter to me. Had it happen. No fun trying to drive the vehicle and have no power. Plus the orange glow on the pavement made me worry a bit.

HTH

JB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts