GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully my question will makes sense. I'll try and explain the best I can.
-Unsure if I have the correct forum category also.

I bought a 04 Silverado. Parts of the interior were removed. One thing being the front door panels.
As I am looking around at Front door panels trying to decide what color I am going to go with I come across something I cant get an answer for.
So far it seems panels from 03-06 Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, Sierra, Avalanche are basically the same and will fit(according to the people selling them).

Some of the panels I looked at have a hole on the left and right edge in the center. So far I learned one is a screw and the other a push in type pin.
I dont have panels at all, so I cant compare. After spending hours trying to figure this out I am stumped.
Why do some have these and others don't? Is it just for a certain year, model, something to do with options, etc?

I found a few I like and some have these holes and others dont. Below is a photo to show what I mean. Any help is appreciated.

Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Steering part Vehicle

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
I think there are centering pins to align the panel.

Do you have holes in the metal at those points?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think there are centering pins to align the panel.

Do you have holes in the metal at those points?
Note sure. I will not be by the truck for a few days, so I can not look. Would make sense though to check for sure. What I cant follow is why people show panels with and without them holes to claim to fit all mentioned years and models. If I find a set without these holes and my truck has that mounting point(or had panels with the holes), I can still use ones without. There has to be a reason why some have and some dont have. I gave up on asking online sellers because its the same answer, this panel fits all 99-06 silverado, etc trucks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will check my truck though towards the end of week to see if I see anything on the inner door area that lines up with them.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
your not the only one who asked this question.... heres someone else who asked this because there truck has those "plugs" and they cover screws.

Guys,
I'm in the market for a front driver door panel. I found a few on eBay and eBay says, "Yep this fits your vehicle". BUT on all of the door panels that says it will fit they look different. My door panel has a screw hole on the front and back of the panel (towards the dash, and towards the back seat) that's has screws and a little plastic cap that fits over the screw. Anyway, I found a panel from a 2004 suburban 4x4 that does indeed have the 2 screw holes on the panel. Will this fit my truck?

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
It's pouring rain here, or I'd check mine for you.

Mine's the next gen; but I know I have one of those pins, probably two.
But as I think about it, the panel hangs on the window frame, so would alignment pins be required.

·
Registered
4,195 Posts
also further down another guy who bought a couple replacement panels goes on to explain that not all door panels had that spot for the screws with the plugs and instead there is only 1 or 2 other screws holding the door on while the plugs keep it aligned.

I bet some rammy people pulled the door skin off while closing the door and so these screws were added in the later years. but this is pure speculation, they were correcting a defect. I would personally buy the one with the extra screw holes and plugs, make sure they have the plugs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
your not the only one who asked this question.... heres someone else who asked this because there truck has those "plugs" and they cover screws.

Guys,
I'm in the market for a front driver door panel. I found a few on eBay and eBay says, "Yep this fits your vehicle". BUT on all of the door panels that says it will fit they look different. My door panel has a screw hole on the front and back of the panel (towards the dash, and towards the back seat) that's has screws and a little plastic cap that fits over the screw. Anyway, I found a panel from a 2004 suburban 4x4 that does indeed have the 2 screw holes on the panel. Will this fit my truck?

Thanks for the link and info.
More info to figure this out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's pouring rain here, or I'd check mine for you.

Mine's the next gen; but I know I have one of those pins, probably two.
But as I think about it, the panel hangs on the window frame, so would alignment pins be required.
Hopefully, I wont need them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts