GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 2500HD and it came with the fancy outside mirrors that are power, heated, have the turnsignals, and dim, however it seems that the passenger side one does not heat or dim. My question is it supposed to or is just the driver's side one dim and heat (which the driver's side works fine). I don't know if I should try to find a replacement for the passenger side or just live with it. Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mirrors, heat/dimming

I have an '07 Sierra, and am not familiar with the '03s .... SO, I may be talking out of the back of my front here... but anyhow...

I am assuming you have the mirrors that more/less look like automotive mirrors, i.e. NOT the monstor trailer tow mirrors that are available now.

My '07 has only a driver's side dimming mirror only. I have the heated mirrors as well. They are BOTH heated.

I assume that the passenger side is supposed to heat, but, by design, does not have the auto dimming function.

I doubt it, but are the left and right mirrors fused seperatly with respect to the heating function? If so, maybe simply a fuse.

Otherwise, it appears that the heating element in the RHS mirror may be out.

I know this is all supposition as I have an '07, but usually, GENERAL functionality remains pretty congruent over time.

IF the heating element in the mirror is out, I highly assume the only option is to replace the entire assembly.. any Chevy OEM part from a dealer will not be a bargain.

On the other hand, I have seen ads from accessory houses in auto magazines that sell heated/LED turn signal mirrors, aftermarket, that look VERY MUCH like what is on my truck. Maybe worth a call to one of them to see if you can get a one-off piece. For a Chevy Mirror try www.gmpartsclub.com

If you have the owner's manual, it should, at least, tell you if the passenger side mirror is supposed to heat... as said, on my '07, it DOES heat up via a switch on the HVAC control panel.

I know this may not help MUCH, but I hope it does a little.

·
Registered
93 Posts
WOW! I'm glad I found this post! I thought my passenger side mirror wasn't working. glad to hear that only the driver and rear view dim!

-matt-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts