GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to cut off my cats and gut them and then reinstall them onto my Silverado. I was wondering if anybody else has been able to drop their exhaust down without unbolting the cross member. Oh yeah I forgot it's a 03 Silverado 5.3L, non flex fuel, Z71 extended cab.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wanted to cut off my cats and gut them and then reinstall them onto my Silverado. I was wondering if anybody else has been able to drop their exhaust down without unbolting the cross member. Oh yeah I forgot it's a 03 Silverado 5.3L, non flex fuel, Z71 extended cab.
Forget the cats, do away with the mufflers. A buddy did it and it sounds good plus he swears it runs better.

Phil

·
Registered
10 Posts
The O2 sensors are before the muffler so no it shoudn't do anything to them. I wouldn't mess around with the cats though, it's against federal law to modify them or remove them. You'd be better off getting a cat back muffler system from Magnaflow or Flowmaster.

Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The O2 sensors are before the muffler so no it shoudn't do anything to them. I wouldn't mess around with the cats though, it's against federal law to modify them or remove them. You'd be better off getting a cat back muffler system from Magnaflow or Flowmaster.

Just my 2 cents.
Yep. I wouldn't suggest removing the mufflers or gutting the cats either. Unless you just want it really loud and enjoy killing trees. :)

If you want it louder and perhaps get a small increase in HP as an added bonus, check out Magnaflow, Flo-Pro, and Corsa. Either the muffler or entire cat-back is the way to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts