GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when my son bought me my Avalanche in October, the ABS light, the Parking Brake light, and the Service Brake System message on the DIC were all on. The used car dealership finally took care of replacing the ABS module, which turned out the ABS light on the dash. But the Parking Brake light and the Service Brake System message are still present. I finally popped the hood the other day to do some other ignition and door panel work and looked under the brake fluid reservoir for the sensor. To my surprise, the fluid level sensor and the connector and wiring harness were missing from under the reservoir. I cannot immediately find the wiring harness for the sensor in the engine compartment. Would anyone here know where the wiring for the brake fluid level sensor goes back to so that I can check to make sure mine is still intact? Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the brake fluid level sensor showing where it connects to?
Thanks In Advance
csltrains96

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still looking into this problem. Apparently not all trucks with the reservoir that has a spot for a sensor had one installed in that location. Would anyone here know the different conditions that would set both the Parking Brake light and the Service Brake System message on the DIC? I'd like to get this truck to stop dinging at me incessantly when I turn the key on!

·
Registered
501 Posts
Only things I can think of other than a level sensor issue would be the switch on the parking brake being messed up so it thinks the parking brake is on. The other would be maybe a bad brake switch on the combination valve below the brake master cylinder.

#7 is a brake sensor in lower valve assembly
#10 is the valve assembly it sits in

From what I can find from GM is that they all utilize a level sensor for that year but it's a bit hard to say 100% without a VIN.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
I don't know if this will help because i'm reading from a 2002 silverado truck diagram but, the P brake and service brake lamps are controlled by the electronic brake controller module (under drivers side frame rail) and brake fluid level sensor and then to a ground on the back of the block, near the center of the manifold. The brake fluid level sensor on my silverado is located on the right of the master cylinder under the resevoir as viewed from the front of the truck and it passes the ground on to the EBCM for serial data input to the Instrument panel. I'm not sure you have a ECBM since your truck is a year newer than mine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts