GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok gang, Test drove an 04 Silverado today, Very nice truck, everything in it I'm looking for. One small problem :gasp:....on some turns and some bumps (Not all the time) there was a popping or almost a creaking coming from the frontend!! The truck is a 4x4 and has about 73,000 miles on it.

My question is this. Is this normal for these trucks?? Am I looking at problem the dealer needs to fix B4 I buy this? If I buy this???

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

Mike

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ok gang, Test drive an 04 Silverado today, Very nice truck, everything in it I'm looking for. One small problem :gasp:....on some turns and some bumps (Not all the time) there was a popping or almost a creaking coming from the frontend!! The truck is a 4x4 and has about 73,000 miles on it.

My question is this. Is this normal for these trucks?? Am I looking at problem the dealer needs to fix B4 I buy this? If I buy this???

Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

Mike
My 2000 4X4 Silverado has a front end noise like that. The torsion bar is loose in the lower control arm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John! Do you know if theres an easy fix for that? I'd like to be armed with as much knowledge as possible walking back into that dealership on Monday.

Thanks again!!!
Mike

·
Registered
163 Posts
The only fix is the replacement of the torsion bar or lower control arm. Which ever is worn. Preferably both. Mine has been like that for over two years now. I'm off work so no cash for repairs. But it didn't let go completely yet.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I guess with this being a used truck, I don't know how long it's been like that. My best bet is to have them just replace those before I decide to buy it.

Thanks again, John!!
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts