GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the forum and I am looking for some help. I have an 04 silverado 1500 4X4 W/39000 miles and when I turn the wheel to the left and only to the left there is a noise. Not grinding but an ERRRR noise (don't laugh:) but that is the only way I can discribe it. I can feel it in the wheel also. Brought it in to the local Mec. and they thought it was a ball joint and after having it an hour or so they call be and told me they have no idea. Before I take it to the dealship I wanted to see if others here may of had this problem in the past. Any info would be great.
Kevin

·
Registered
109 Posts
it could be a cv joint that has lost grease or the 4 wheel drive is ingauged still

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need a "lube kit" from your GM dealership, its jsut a little tube of grease and a little part that goes in your steering columm, I had the same problem, and apparently so do most of our trucks on the road. it was like 30 bucks and an hour to install, cures the problem right up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry it took so long to reply I moved to a different state. I will look into lube kit much cheeper than the $1300 the dealship said it would cost for a new powerstearing pump and a different gear box.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts