Bad gaskets everywhere, oil leaks, and 2 bad /clogged pushrods chewing up 2 of my rockers
Pistons show signs of excessive blow-by, but overall in good shape
All cleaned up ready to rebuild
Cylinders honed, parts cleaned, +5 rings cut, pistons installed
Throwing on a fresh coat of primer
Ready for the oil pan and timing cover
Fully painted and ready for PRC stage 2.5 Ported, polished milled 243 Head Castings
Front view finished product
Done and ready to breathe new life into my truck.
TSP 220R cam, Yank 3200 Stall TC, Johnson lifters, +2 advanced timing adjustable Rollmaster timing set, PRC 243 heads, and all new fel-pro and Mahle gaskets (besides new OEM GM head gaskets) O-rings and bushings, Sealed Power Single Molly piston rings, and Clevite 77 Bearings all around, with coated cam bearings. Headers arent really on yet. I just really wanted to see them.
Now I just have to get it put in, get the headers, pulleys and intake on, harnesses hooked back up and then its time to figure out how to get it tuned and get the downstream O2 sensors deleted with my Blackbear Autocal.
This is my first time ever doing anything close to this before. I change my own brakes, oil and the like, but never anything like this. My uncle builds race motors as a hobby and walked me through the whole process. This was a lot of fun. I learned so much this engine malfunction turned out to be a blessing.