GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well looks like I'm getting closer to getting this truck. If all goes well, It will be in my possession this Wednesday!!!:great::party:

I will definitly post up some pics as soon as it comes home!!

Let the Mods Begin!!:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,518 Posts
Good luck with the new truck. I bought a '04 Z71 crew cab a year ago and have really enjoyed it. I now have nearly 90,000 miles and the only problem is the "knock" in the steering shaft, but that is common on these trucks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well looks like I'm getting closer to getting this truck. If all goes well, It will be in my possession this Wednesday!!!:great::party:

I will definitly post up some pics as soon as it comes home!!

Let the Mods Begin!!:lol:
Hope it goes well for you, what mods are u planning?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it's not looking good. Dealer kind of snaked me on this thing. You know, give you one price then have a lapse of memory when you go to sign the deal!!! ( BANG!!! Totally different price!) So, I guess I'll just keep lookin' seems so hard to find a crew cab for sale around here. Looks like all dealers have Ext. cabs!!!

Oh, well! Keep on searchin'!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A new update!! It seems that if you take thing a step farther sometimes, you really get what you want!
I had pretty much sat here thinking about the raw deal I had gotten and did something about it. I talked with the GM of the dealership and had expressed my concern about being told 2 different stories. He sided with me and agreed upon the original purchase price for the Silverado. So needless to say, I am the proud new owner of a 04 Crew Cab LS!
I really enjoy driving this. Night and day difference between it and the old Durango!!
I'll try to get some pics of it up ASAP!
Thanks to all!
Mike

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! By chance anyone know if I can swap parts from my LS with an LT?
Would like to add the full center console, and my truck doesn't have fog lights. Can this stuff be readily added?? Easy plug and play?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Well as far as the fog lights are concerned, my sierra didn't come with them either. I wanted to buy it from the dealer but they don't sell a fog light kit. You would have to buy all the replacement parts seperatly. Lights, relays, harness, switch etc.. The quoted me over $600. So I checked aftermarket and they don't make a kit yet. So I have to wait. I'm sure someone will sell a kit for your 04 though. Check out stylinconcepts or truckaddons. They usually have alot of stuff like that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I seen a place on Ebay selling the full light kit, can't remember who it was, but looked good. Everything was there for a full bolt in. Now just gotta figure out if the truck is already pre-wired for it. I'm thinking it should be.....but, who knows. I'll have to crawl under and check when I get some free time!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts