GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help on completing my LED conversion!!

i bought all the lights to convert my stock lights with the new LED's. i started with the rear lights (including the back up, brake, and turn signal) and now my blinkers flash fast. (i am fimiliar that LED's have less of a current draw, which is why it is blinking fast. the truck "thinks" there is a light out.) however, i had to just stop the conversion there because when i changed out the front ones, and turned on the blinker, it just stayed on steady. i was told there was an electronic flasher you could buy for this that is made specifically for LEDs. i know where the flasher is on the truck, but i can seem to find an electronic one to replace it. can anyone help me here on where to fund it? or if a relay can be built? any help is much appericated. thanks alot!!

·
Super Moderator
3,391 Posts
I'm not sure where to obtain them, but I have seen resistive loads made for LED conversions that place enough load on the circuit to make the flasher operate as normal.

·
Registered
82 Posts
just did a search on google and came up with this: http://ledlight.com/detail.aspx?ID=39 now all you will have to do is figure out where in the system you need to install this and you will be good..do you know if the power wire going to the rear supplies both the rear bulbs?? if so than you can just get 1 3ohm resister and run it that way....1 3ohm for the front and 1 for the back...otherwise you will have to get 4 6ohm resisters and run one for each corner. hope that helps...and hey since you know it is just a 3 or 6ohm resister i bet you can head down to radio shack and pick them up instead of paying shipping costs.

good luck

·
Registered
302 Posts
You don't need a relay. For each turn signalsall you need is a 6 ohm resistor in line and for any others I think a 1 ohm resistor so they don't keep burning out. Something like this http://www.eautoworks.com/product-Led-33226.htm

You can search and find them $10 for a pair.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts