GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to replace my driver and passenger side mirrors. They are a little beat up and scratched. Just want them to be a little nicer. I don't want aftermarket or tow mirrors or anything like that. However, my 04 Suburban just has the basic power mirrors. No heat. No auto tilt-down in reverse. No auto-dimming. No power-folding. My question is, if I buy a mirror that has all the functionality, is the wiring set up to be plug and play? Or do they just run the wiring for the specific features of whatever mirror goes on the truck from the factory? I will investigate further in the future but I thought maybe someone on the internet could help me out? It would be so nice if all the wiring is there and I can just buy one with all the extra functions that I would like it to have. Thanks in advance.

Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
It's probably going to be a computer issue versus a wiring problem. The auto tilt will run off the same wires as the manual tilt for the motors, but it's the computer setup to acknowledge it needs to do that? 馃し

If you get a picture of inside your door and the wiring, I'll try to get the same style pictures on my 04 with all the trolls you mentioned for comparison.

Registered
Ben, do you have power windows and locks?
If you do, it's probably plug and play, if not, it's probably not going to work.
Remember, you'll need switches

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. It has power windows and locks. Do you think the wires will be run in the doors already?

Registered
鈥01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
The replacement ones should be plug and play.

Registered
Yeah. It has power windows and locks. Do you think the wires will be run in the doors already?
Take off a door panel and take a look
My mirrors have plugs and the door has a lot of sockets, all colour coded

But, as I said in my earlier post, don't forget you need switches

The movement switches will be on the arm rest and the heat switch will be on the HVAC control.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts