GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My driver side turn signal doesn't work sometimes.

I will pull the turn signal lever down to the driver's side position but about 10% of the time I have to go back to the middle position and then back down 4 or 5 times for it to work.

At first I thought it was the turn signal lever that was the problem, but one time at a drive thru car wash (flashers on) only the passenger side flasher was flashing. I had to engage the flashers about 4 or 5 times for the driver's side to start flashing.

Has anyone ever had this problem? If so, some direction would be greatly appreciated.

Ycats

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've got an 04 tahoe as well but haven't had any problem like that.
Does the turn signal even make the tick tock noise or just nothing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No clicking at all. I have to go from off to on probably 4 times before it starts working again.

·
Registered
533 Posts
chances are your Multifunction, Turn Signal Switch needs to be replaced ..it's a very tedious job.

You'll need to take apart the steering column to pull out the wire harness.

On our tahoe's the hazard and the turn signal use the same switch.

i can post pics on how to do it if you need too :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Similar to my 2004 Suburban

I have a 2004 suburban with a similar problem I signal left and the hazards flash. Signal right is fine. Took it to a dealer he said it was the hazard switch. Changed that. Problem still exists. Brought it back. He changed the multifunction switch. Problem still exists. Read on internet that its the hazard lamp flasher. Poor contacts inside the relay. GM DOCUMENT ID # 1507507. My part number is 15764135. GM has replaced it with 10383321. I'm getting that changed Wednesday. I'll post back with news good or bad. Thank God for a bumper to bumper GMPP with no deductible! If not gmpartsclub.com has it for $47.07

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello
I have the exact same problem with a 2003 Tahoe . The hazard switch and turn switch are one unit so I suspect that it is a relay or flasher problem. Can not find any relay listed or flasher in booK. Dealer said bring it in .
Any imformation would help to save the budget.
Dublinrrr

I will pull the turn signal lever down to the driver's side position but about 10% of the time I have to go back to the middle position and then back down 4 or 5 times for it to work.

At first I thought it was the turn signal lever that was the problem, but one time at a drive thru car wash (flashers on) only the passenger side flasher was flashing. I had to engage the flashers about 4 or 5 times for the driver's side to start flashing.

Has anyone ever had this problem? If so, some direction would be greatly appreciated.

Ycats

·
Registered
27 Posts
My 99 thaoe had this problem when I bought it and I just took the taillight out and cleaned all the connections in the circuit board. Not sure if the newer models have the same set up or not though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Turn signal & Hazards Flashing

I have a 2004 suburban with a similar problem I signal left and the hazards flash. Signal right is fine. Took it to a dealer he said it was the hazard switch. Changed that. Problem still exists. Brought it back. He changed the multifunction switch. Problem still exists. Read on internet that its the hazard lamp flasher. Poor contacts inside the relay. GM DOCUMENT ID # 1507507. My part number is 15764135. GM has replaced it with 10383321. I'm getting that changed Wednesday. I'll post back with news good or bad. Thank God for a bumper to bumper GMPP with no deductible! If not gmpartsclub has it for $47.07
I didn't see the follow up from you about this message. I have this same problem with my Tahoe. Did your last visit to the dealer solve the problem? What actions did the dealer take to resolve it? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't see the follow up from you about this message. I have this same problem with my Tahoe. Did your last visit to the dealer solve the problem? What actions did the dealer take to resolve it? Thanks for your help.
Sorry for not updating. They changed the flasher over a year ago and I no longer have the problem. Its a shame that dealers do not keep up with repair documents from their own company and that a customer has to tell them how to fix their car. GM used substandard parts like they did in their speedometers (inaccurate, dead, sticky or pegged). I'll be fixing that this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Ycats

Did you find out what the problem was? I'm having the same issue as you. Just to be clear i'm NOT having the same issue as the OTHER people who responded on this thread regarding their hazards are turning on when their turn signal is engaged. I'm solely having the exact problem as you... (90% of the time my right side turn signal won't work but my left side will.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts