GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 05 silverado, got a ticking noise like a vent flapping under the dash got to do with the heater controls, or is it the main control valve, comes and goes getting under my skin

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
It sounds like my truck is doing the exact same thing! It doesn't do it all the time. Seems to be random. It is annoying though. Hopefully someone has some advice!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 03 does it only when its turned to the a/c vents, kind of a clicking sound.
When I move the control to have the air flow to the floor or windshield it stops but soon as I put it back to the vents the clicking starts again.

Where can we find the write up collinsperformance ?

·
Registered
561 Posts
i not sure where the archive articles go here but i got a summary on my supermotors page this will take you to the ac/heat blend door issue.
http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/registry/6364/55523

the defrost/floor valve and the rear heat and cool switch are all the same motor and installed in the same mannor. the floor, dash, defrost motor is on the front of the duct work behind the cig tray and radio. you can access it by removing the glovebox assembly. the rear you got to remove all the pass side panel.

MODS___where is the archive threads? this is why we do writeups so they can be pulled at any time. did we lose a server and the information is gone?....thanks mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks for posting the link.

Found it and could even fill the clicking when I put my hand on it.

To bad it couldn't have been the one that's easy to get to. LOL

I'm going to call tomorrow but any chance you know about how much one cost ?

I just did a search on Napa's site and found nothing what is it called exactly ?

·
Registered
561 Posts
i was not sure when mine went out so i got a junk yard one to test and not replaced it since it worked fine. one place i delt with is rock auto here is the information
DORMAN Part # 604103
Controls A/C Blend Door; w/Manual A/C Air Circulator Control; Exc. Rear A/C----$32.79
here is napa information
Heater / AC Door Actuator Motor
w/ Rear A/C BK 6551545 $49.99
hope this helps
mike

·
Registered
61 Posts
I called a dealer and they said the one that usually goes out was around $185. :gasp:
The next cheapest was $71 I think he said.

Thanks again for the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts