GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!! I'm new to this site,glad there are guys like you here ,hope you can help with my issue: I have a 05 Tahoe, LT 4 WD (purc new) with 23,800 mi.(still in fact warranty) I have been noticing a mild rotational hum (gear/ bearing) noise comming from the front of the vehicle, its not real loud, but loud enough to bother me (as this vehicle is very quiet),mostly audible at speeds between 40-50 mph,most audible at 45,and letting off the accelerator,makes it louder.below 40,and above 50 almost no noise at all
I took it in to the dealer last week for an oil change ,and mentioned this,they road tested ,told me it was in the front axle,and there was a bulletin on this,said I would have to bring it back in,might take a day,or so to fix. I like this dealer ,by the way
My question: is this something I should address,or learn to live with? Wondering if its just a normal power train noise,that might get worse by trying to correct, and other things might get screwed up in the fix, or could it possibly get worse and eventually fail ?
Has anyone else experienced this prob? Any comments would be GREATLY appreciated. I love my Tahoe,and have had no issues except the steering shaft,which they installed new version at this last oil change

P.S. does anyone know if you MUST purchase a GM protection plan from the selling dealer? there are some real good deals from dealers online
THANKS in advance, sorry for the long post

·
Registered
4 Posts
tnbill

hey man I drive a 2004 GMC yukon and I have the same problem. When I took it to the dealer they said nothing was wrong about my truck. I'm still trying to work it out also.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
front axle noise

hey man I drive a 2004 GMC yukon and I have the same problem. When I took it to the dealer they said nothing was wrong about my truck. I'm still trying to work it out also.
hey,man thanks for the reply,you might try telling them you heard that there was a bulletin pertaining to this,I am going to ask my dealer to explain the bulletin to see whats involved (not sure I want the axle gone into) sometimes it make matters worse, I may just live with it a bit,and see if it gets worse,I just purchased a GM Protection plan extended warranty,so I will have time to see,
I'll let you know what the dealer has to say
Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts