GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2005 GMC Yukon XL that shuts off all the time when I'm trying to put gas in it. I have replaced the solenoid by the evap canister and the one on the intake manifold so far (no help). Last night I dropped the fuel tank and couldn't find anything clogging up any vent lines. I pulled the charcoal can off and it seemed like it had oil in it? So, while I've got that down, what else do I check / replace?

Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
My opinion:

You're going to need to replace the charcoal canister and stop "topping off" your fuel tank after it clicks the first time under normal operation. (Not while you're filling is being ridiculous, obviously...) By continuing to add fuel after the automatic shut-off, your charcoal canister has been turned to mush when fuel spills into it. I'm surprised you didn't find charcoal floated into the lines (common symptom).

Some guys on here never fill up beyond 3/4 of a tank because of this, but they're retired and eccentric. (No offense. 馃檪)

1. Blow the vent lines clear with an air compressor.
2. Replace the charcoal canister.

Should be good to go after this.

Registered
My issues been in the filler neck. The anti roll over valve inside the base of the neck is stuck or broken. I want to figure out how it works to repair it (2007 Chevy Colorado) OR if I can remove it and it won鈥檛 effect anything?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts