GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the truck is almost ready and all that is left is the wiring harness I would love to do it myself but I can’t just find out what wires are what on the stock truck harness so that I could connect them with the 06 harness. Would anyone happen to know what wires are what? The ls harness is already redone and labeled Accordingly but this is my first time doing this and I’m stuck now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,231 Posts
This is a small reach for some bit of knowledge, but there’s almost nothing on a 92 harness that’s going to work with your LS harness.

Everything engine control related should go straight to the LS computer. Fuel pump control should also come from the LS computer.

One question that needs to be asked, what kind of transmission do you have? Automatic or manual?

The gauges for the 92 do not get any information from the computer. The temperature gauge sensor on the LS block should get wired to what used to be for the sensor that went in the intake manifold on the 92. Same with the oil pressure sensor. Fuel gauge should not have changed at all.

Hope that helps.

The throttle position sensor, MAF, IAC, knock sensor,O2 sensors, of course the crank and cam sensors and fuel injectors, coils, all to the LS computer.

Reactions: lalosobs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know what wires are exactly what wires? Fuel pump, speedometer, throttle control stuff like that for the stock obs harness?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,231 Posts
Can you get your hands on a Haynes manual for the ‘92 truck? The schematics are pretty good.

·
Registered
789 Posts
These might help, go to page 74 of the last manual, it shows wire #s and colors for sensors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts