GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I just found this site online and seems like it could be a lot of help. I'm wondering if anyone knows a lot about exhaust systems for newer trucks. Right now everything is stock with my exhaust except for the flowmaster I put on. I was wondering if anyone knows about hollowing out cats or what that will do with the computer, because I am not pleased with the sound I am getting out of my truck. Or maybe even without touching the cats and just any advice on what I should do period.

Thank you

Rob

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
If you don't want to hollow out the cats, You could add a cut-out, manual or electric. Manual will run you about 28 bucks and it makes a huge difference. My truck just wasn't loud enough after awhile with my flowmasters and 3" pipes so I added a manual cutout. It's also great for road trips because you can put the cap back on and your back to your old exhaust. It will make your truck sound a little more mean and aggressive I highly recommend one.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i just cut the muffler and every thing behind it out. i love how it sounds, takes a while to get used to it but i dont hardly notice it anymore. im going to have it come out in front of the RR wheel when its all said and done.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would get true dual 2 3/4 pipe with no mufflers coming out the back at an angle thats what i have and it sounds mean. I have the 5.3

·
Registered
118 Posts
this is not exhaust related but i would like to see a side pic of your truck if ya got one,sounds like you got 4-5 inches of lift with 33's, im gonna have 5 inches of lift on mine soon and i wanna run 33's just wonderin how it would look

·
Registered
270 Posts
One thing before you cut it out, replace it consider this your truck still has factory war. so by cutting it outit would void your fact war. unless you dont care then hollow out or get a high flow cats for it. thats what i did for my gto but install lt headers then get tuned because it will run rich.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts