GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have come over to the dark side and have bought a Chevy.... I just couldn’t pass up the deal on it.

Several questions:
How large can I go with the tires without a lift?

What is the best multi porpoise chip/programmer to go from fuel economy to max Torque/HP?

Who has the better Propane injection kit?

I need a useable HD bumper for a winch (looking at a 15k with synth rope up front, and a slightly smaller one in the back)

I am already planning on Line-X, was thinking of a coolant filter system but I seem to be having trouble finding some…

And does anyone have any other ideas for mods to the truck? (while keeping it normal).

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome to the site! Is your Silverado the classic body style or new? Tell us more about your ride like crew cab or extra cab etc. I am one of few here with a Duramax so I will try and help you with what I can. I have been doing a lot of talking to my local diesel performance shop and they specialize in Chevys. The owner has one with all the goodies on it. I'm looking at puting a 5" cat-back exhaust on it (due to still under warranty) and the Bullydog PMT programmer. I found out through this shop as well as the Bullydog website that they have a "Try it before you buy it" program that some dealers can temporarily flash your computer or add a performance program (that lasts about 6 hours) so you can try it out for free!

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I just helped a friend of mine put 5 inch stacks on his. You literally can't see when he gets on it when your behind him. He also has the duramaximizer chip stacked with some other chip (diablo or edge??), the aurora 3000 turbo, an intake and it's straight piped.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I just helped a friend of mine put 5 inch stacks on his. You literally can't see when he gets on it when your behind him. He also has the duramaximizer chip stacked with some other chip (diablo or edge??), the aurora 3000 turbo, an intake and it's straight piped.
Sounds pretty bad a$$!
I drove a friend of mines 2003 that he has a built Allison tranny, 5" turbo-back exhaust, a turbo kit, air-raid CAI, Quadzilla programmer, aftermarket exhaust manifold (stock is resticted on one side) and I was shocked at how fast that thing was :gasp:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys, new to the site, but saw this and wanted to give my .02...I just went to a gasser from a duramax..I had an 06 2500 lbz AND and 06 3500 dually LBZ.. I have tried 4 different programmers, the Bully dog, edge, hyper tech, and the PPE. Bully dog was OK, the hyper and edge where 100% junk, and the ppe was friggin awesome. I would highly reccomend PPE if your looking for a hand held and are not able to do your own tunes. If you are able to do your own and have a lap top then you need to look at EFI live....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also, if you go with PPE you need to get guages (boost and pyro) That was one thing about bully and edge, they had the monitors, but after adding the guages when I went back to PPE I really liked the look of them more than the monitors...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I live right near summit racing, and most of the guys there seem to agree bullydog chips are the best for duramaxes.. other than that I would not do stacks just because I am not a huge fan of it, you can get the same sound with just dual exaust or just a big straight pipe under the truck and it doesnt hamper use of the bed. also bullydog has propane injection but I have not asked anyone about this.. I do know one guy who had propane injection on an earlier duramax.. it made it quieter for some reason.. anyone know why that would be??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts