GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I need someone that knows something about factory stereos. I just bought an 07 Silverado, but have been having a problem with the radio. When I drive the truck the music 'fades' in and out at very intermittant times. The dealer replaced the head unit and the problem is still there. I have no clue what could be causing this - any help is GREATLY appreciated.

More details: It only happens when the car is in motion. It only happens when I am listening to the radio, not the cd player. The antenna is apparently hooked up correctly (the dealer says so). My truck has the Onstar system, and I know it interfaces with the radio, but not sure if this could cause the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Hey guys, I need someone that knows something about factory stereos. I just bought an 07 Silverado, but have been having a problem with the radio. When I drive the truck the music 'fades' in and out at very intermittant times. The dealer replaced the head unit and the problem is still there. I have no clue what could be causing this - any help is GREATLY appreciated.

More details: It only happens when the car is in motion. It only happens when I am listening to the radio, not the cd player. The antenna is apparently hooked up correctly (the dealer says so). My truck has the Onstar system, and I know it interfaces with the radio, but not sure if this could cause the problem.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
have them test the radio outside of the vehicle, cause it sounds like some kind of software issuse; if not see if they can deactivate onstar for a short period of time to see if thats the issue. but i know nothing really about newer radios

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
radio problem

Thanks for your reply, I will offer your suggestions up to the dealer and see what they say.... This is so frustrating, any help from you guys is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
I know they were having a lot of problems with the old Onstar systems, I would have hoped they had fixed it by now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts