GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I was just thinking of throwing something out there to discuss and get varying opinions on. We have all seen by now the extensive ads and talk about the new Tahoe/Yukon's rolling out ahead of schedule. They will certainly have a niche in their own right up against the competition out there. There are some nice interior options out there now. But it does look more "car like" in appearance and feel. I do feel that GM has taken some of the "truck like" feel and look that we have all fallen in love with the past few years. The new '07's look a little more like larger wagons than serious trucks. I tend to think that if I was faced with the decision back in '04, I might have passed on the Tahoe. Looking the way my '05 Z71 looked at that time is the main driver which swayed me to it in the first place. I know one can never hold back progress and advancement but the whole redesign might force me to do some thinking as to holding on to my '05 down the road. I always liked the Tahoe since the 1st redesign becaause it looked and felt like a "rock" What are the thoughts out there? Let's be honest and get it out there! :idea:

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Well, there are multiple forces at work here. 1) Americans (like me) are getting taller and bigger, so there is a need for a large SUV. 2) More women are driving SUVs, so there isn't as much need for leg room 50% of the time. 3) People want better fuel economy, 4) but people want a vehicle that can do it all for them.

Mix it all together, and you have a recipe for a vehicle that is in flux. Is it too big, not big enough, not "truck enough", not "car enough"?

I guess I'm with Jablaz, I want (need) a vehicle that's a bit more solid and rough.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are right about that ChevyLover. We have been seeing press for it everywhere and indeed I think they will move well. I just think that some ruggedness was sacrificed for the greater masses looking to buy. I hope with the release of the new Z71 later this yr, we are given an option to return some truck-like feel to it.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Hopefully I'll get a chance to go see one, sit in one when the car show rolls through Dallas/Fort Worth later this year. I'll get some photos and will do a writeup about it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I like the look- it is a bit more refined and "luxury-like", but my only complaint:

Doesn't the body look like a bit like a ford expedition from the side?

·
Registered
404 Posts
I saw some of the commercials for the new Tahoe. I think that it looks pretty sweet. I'll have to test drive one later this year when I get a chance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts