GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have a question i couldnt find an answer to when i searched. I am looking to get some new wheels for my truck, i have an 04 Silverado 1500 Z71. I have the opportunity to buy a set of new body style 18" z71 wheels and tires (275-65-18) for 500 dollars. I was just wanting to make sure they will fit my truck (fitment, tire height, backspacing, etc.) Also, is 500 a good deal for the set, the tires only have 5000 miles on them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
$500 for the wheels and tires is a good deal. They should fit but don't quote me on that. To be sure, see if you could borrow a wheel and test fit it on your truck.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Those will fit on your truck. I'm not sure what your stock tire size is, but as long as you don't have the 235/75-16's as stock, the height should be very close, so your speedometer will still be accurate. If you have 235/75-16's stock, these will be taller, so your speedometer will read lower than you are actually going. Otherwise, the height, backspacing, etc. will all work with your truck.

As a side note, I really like that style of wheel. Good choice, and $500 is a good price for a set with fairly new tires (at least where I am, thats a really good deal)

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
$500 is not a good price.....it is a GREAT price. Check around on ebay and cragslist those things are going for upwards of a grand.

·
Registered
539 Posts
i would get them, they are a great looking stock wheel. one of my NCO's has them on his classic body silverado

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
$500.00 is a great price. Theres several trucks around here with that set up. Looks very clean.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts