GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2008 Silverado that intermittently has starting issues. It cranks for a while and spits and sputters then usually dies, if not it runs rough with surging idle. I recently installed a brake controller and noticed it signals overload or short every once and awhile but I can’t find any visual signs of a short.So not sure if it’s related. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
The problem started about a month after install. I will pull it to see if problem persists.. I have 45 psi fuel pressure so I assume that that wouldn’t be the problem.. it seems to effect the truck in the morning more than anything and once it’s warmed up it usually goes through the day with no problems.. thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
13,023 Posts
45 is probably your problem, it needs to be higher, without looking it up I'll say around 55psi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello,
Thanks for the reply. Is there any way I could isolate the fuel pressure problem before I go tearing into the tank! I use my truck daily for work so I don’t have much time for down time.. I should also add that it is not throwing any misfire codes but it does throw a P0121- loose or damaged throttle blade, broken throttle shaft or throttle body damage. This would be hard for me to believe as the truck runs fine 90 percent of the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,
Thanks for the reply. Is there any way I could isolate the fuel pressure problem before I go tearing into the tank! I use my truck daily for work so I don’t have much time for down time.. I should also add that it is not throwing any misfire codes but it does throw a P0121- loose or damaged throttle blade, broken throttle shaft or throttle body damage. This would be hard for me to believe as the truck runs fine 90 percent of the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts