GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!!

I have an '08 Chevy Silverado 1500 4WD with a V8 6.0L engine. It is not a FlexFuel.

Originally I had taken it to Autozone to use their diagnostic device and it threw up a code that said I had "dirty fuel injectors." So I have used the Lucas brand Fuel injector cleaner in my fuel tank, but hasn't made any changes.

Then I took it to O'Reilly's to use their tool and it said I was misfiring, however it did show I wasn't getting enough fuel pressure.

Apparently the Fuel pressure should be around 45psi or something like that while I'm driving it slow.

Recently I have installed a new Fuel pump assembly with a Precision brand Part number #A30371
<https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...ecision-fuel-pump-module-assembly/pfp0/a30371>

I still have issues with it so I took it to a local automotive shop to further diagnose the problem because this has become more of a problem than what I can diagnose with the limited supplies and tools I have at home.

They are saying now that the Precision Assembly that I put in it is running around 60psi.

The shop wants replace my pump to see if it is a faulty pump from the box, if the problem still exists they will have to mess with some electric regulator component.

This is a little out of my scope so I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem or have had this problem and knows how to fix it?

Thank you for reviewing.
Auz

1 - 1 of 1 Posts