GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While driving the doors - lock and unlock on their own, air bag light came on first and the other dash lights started blinking, loss of power. Any suggestion on what is wrong?

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
We need vehicle info

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Sorry, you had it in the title, missed it the first time in.

Welcome to the site.

Does the Check Engine Light come on?
If it does, there may be codes.

However, I fear you may have an electrical problem in the fuse panel.
The '09 gen of trucks have a high fail rate on the main fuse panel (under the hood), corrosion causes poor contact.
The fix for most people is a new fuse panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You for responding, I changed the mega fuse earlier this evening. It seemed to help, but time will tell. Do you feel like it could cause these issues?

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
The mega fuse provides power to the interior fuse panel. If the only circuits being impacted are the circuits being fed from the interior panel, them the mega fuse could be part of the problem.

But, consider how a fuse works, it's a current path designed for a maximum current capacity, when this capacity is exceeded, the path melts.

If this fuse has not blown and has clean posts, changing it will fix nothing.

However, you could have moved the case enough that you disturbed some corrosion.
And, that is where this gen of fuse panels fail, the metal contact points get wet and corrode.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
There should be a connector on the bottom, if there is, it's a simple swap.
Just be sure you get the right one, I believe there may be 3 different fuse panels.
After your sure you have the right panel, sit the two of them on a table and swap in the fuses and relays from the old panel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts