GM Truck Club Forum banner

141 - 160 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Ha i guess i just got the 1,000 post's and it feels good and been a LONG process..

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
well welcome to the 1000 post club rockstar it is about time lol

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Haha yea it is man i guess for being on the site for only 8 months almost 1,000 post is pretty good!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
ya thats pretty good, i just realized ive been a member for over a year now.... it doesnt seem like its been that long

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Welcome back to the land of 1000 plus!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Well I hit the 1000 post mark - again.
You know, I still have the backup database copy with your posts in it, and I did a huge amount of cleanup in the past week so maybe I'll figure this out and get try to get the posts inserted back in for you today.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
That would be cool. There was a thread, common problems with the 5.3L Silverado, that had a lot of good information on it. That is probably worth the effort. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Mike has been busy He comes from time to time, but is gone rather quickly. seems it has been a rather long summer for all
Sorry for the in and out so much, but Summer is an extremely busy time at work and I spend a ton of time traveling and on the road. I can't log in using my work computer when I am away from home but that is no excuse not to catch up on weekends....I just need to get off my rear and sit down and enjoy spending time on the forum and stop watching Powerblock.

Thanks Mike & Mike for asking/wondering...I should be back again regularly until next Spring....woo hoo!!

·
4,774 Posts
Sorry for the in and out so much, but Summer is an extremely busy time at work and I spend a ton of time traveling and on the road. I can't log in using my work computer when I am away from home but that is no excuse not to catch up on weekends....I just need to get off my rear and sit down and enjoy spending time on the forum and stop watching Powerblock.

Thanks Mike & Mike for asking/wondering...I should be back again regularly until next Spring....woo hoo!!
Mike....its great to see your OK......and just busy with Work, which is a good thing!!

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I've been here for quite a while now, but I finally made it to 1,000 posts. Club council, here I am!:party:

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Welcome to the "other" club! Congratulations!!

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Mike....its great to see your OK......and just busy with Work, which is a good thing!!
Thanks Mike....and yeah, my wife says it keeps me out of trouble :glasses:

·
Registered
7,979 Posts

Thanks Mike....and yeah, my wife says it keeps me out of trouble :glasses:

Then you are doing it wrong! lol. yep as mike said glad you are alright since it seems this has been the year of not only health problems but downturns for alot of people!

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
congrats guys, welcome to the "club" lol

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Well it is that time again..... gas prices are getting higher so that only means 1 thing. Noobs posting new threads on how to get better mpg out of their 5k lb v8 truck. Amazing how cyclical threads can be.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Well it is that time again..... gas prices are getting higher so that only means 1 thing. Noobs posting new threads on how to get better mpg out of their 5k lb v8 truck. Amazing how cyclical threads can be.
Lol, it always makes me laugh, why on earth did these people buy a truck if they are worried about gas mileage, I mean come on, if gas goes up 10 cents per gallon, that means on a 20 gallon purchase you are going to pay 2 more dollars than before, if their budget is that tight they should've bought a car. Gas will hit $4 soon enough, a cold air intake and a cat back is not going to help. I rarely fill my tank anymore, I usually buy $50 worth, usually around 13 gallons +/- and that's enough for the week, I live about 12 miles from work so that helps.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Whats up Adam!! I fill up twice a week so it is around $130 a week for me, but I knew what I was getting into. Just wondered if anyone else finds it amusing.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Made it in this Club about 2 weeks ago. I must not have a life with this many posts. LOL :lol:

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Made it in this Club about 2 weeks ago. I must not have a life with this many posts. LOL :lol:
welcome to the club council. and yes you are probably right:gasp:

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Lol, it always makes me laugh, why on earth did these people buy a truck if they are worried about gas mileage, I mean come on, if gas goes up 10 cents per gallon, that means on a 20 gallon purchase you are going to pay 2 more dollars than before, if their budget is that tight they should've bought a car. Gas will hit $4 soon enough, a cold air intake and a cat back is not going to help. I rarely fill my tank anymore, I usually buy $50 worth, usually around 13 gallons +/- and that's enough for the week, I live about 12 miles from work so that helps.
I agree you go in knowing the mileage sucks. I did end up buying a commuter car and the truck only makes the trip once a week. Theres only so much you can do especially since mine sits just under 7k lbs unloaded. It is kinda funny since even my daughter gets excited on Fridays to take the truck to school and work.

141 - 160 of 229 Posts