GM Truck Club Forum banner

161 - 180 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I think we should come up with a standard council response for better mpg.....just a thought.
follow as close to a semi's trailer as possible to get into that vacuum that is created and almost eliminate the drag on the bricks we are trying to push through the air.

Disclaimer: Dont actually do this as it is very dangerous (for those who dont understand a joke or dont have any common sense and need warning labels on everything:lol:)

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
follow as close to a semi's trailer as possible to get into that vacuum that is created and almost eliminate the drag on the bricks we are trying to push through the air.

Disclaimer: Dont actually do this as it is very dangerous (for those who dont understand a joke or dont have any common sense and need warning labels on everything:lol:)
wait youre telling me thats dangerous and i shouldnt do it...o man...

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
wait youre telling me thats dangerous and i shouldnt do it...o man...
I almost saw a dummy hit the back of a semi yesterday, and he was driving a PT cruiser which gets halfway decent mileage anyway. He was hugging a few feet behind the trailer and when the truck turned off at the weigh station the dude almost clipped the trailer:no:. I guess in the end its natural selection:lol:

·
Registered
2,337 Posts

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Bump...We've had several more members his 1,000 posts. Let's see how many catch this thread.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Given enough time to be bored at work, I'll find most threads. Heck, I've gone 20 pages deep in sub-forums before just looking for something good to read. That being said, sorry if I bump 4 year old threads at some point, lol.

---------- Post added at 10:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

It's hard to argue with the numbers up until the point you drive through the rear axle of the semi. Mythbusters did this once and the numbers were impressive. Granted, it's hard to enjoy the benefits from 6 feet under and a totaled truck, but you have to give in somewhere.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Bump...We've had several more members his 1,000 posts. Let's see how many catch this thread.
Well, I finely made 1000 post and found this thread. It is good to be here with the elite of the group. I see I am the newbie here though so I will speak when spoken to. It makes me happy to see that most of you in here befriended me even before I made 1000 post, Thanks to all of you and Mike, I think you were my first friend or close to it. Good to be here guys. Now, where are the naked women? :rofl:

·
Banned
10,781 Posts
I wouldn't call anyone here elite just because of a high post count; if anything it's a sign that we lack social lives. As for where the naked women are: how would we know? If you want to know some useful (or even not-so-useful) factoid about a GM truck ... someone here can likely tell you that before he can find a naked women to whom he is not related/married! :)

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Naked women? When did we get those? That's a different site. :rofl:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Steve, since this 1000+ post club is not for everybody...can we post nacked women here now ?????? LOL.... like PG 18 !!!!
I like that idea!

·
Banned
10,781 Posts
People might post in this thread more if it had scantily clad females in it. But, umm, what if one of the female members hits 1000+ posts; are you ready for their scantily clad man posts? (I'll pass, thanks.)

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
Well, I finely made 1000 post and found this thread. It is good to be here with the elite of the group. I see I am the newbie here though so I will speak when spoken to. It makes me happy to see that most of you in here befriended me even before I made 1000 post, Thanks to all of you and Mike, I think you were my first friend or close to it. Good to be here guys. Now, where are the naked women? :rofl:
Congrats!!!...and yes, it is definitely an investment of time to make it this point. So glad you're here and part of this community, as you truly help make this site a better place.

161 - 180 of 229 Posts