GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all. I've had 1 ford, and a Dodge/Mitsubishi since I've been old enough to own one. Presently I have a 2015 Silverado 1500, 5.3ltr crew cab, traded a 2012 LTZ, took delivery on November 26, 2018, 51690 miles. December 10, 2018, 52040 miles, check engine light came on, sounded like a lifter tapping, and it was. At the dealership the advisor pulled up a Service Bulletin, TECHNICAL Subject: "Engine Misfire/tick noise, malfunction indicator lamp on DTC P0300 Set". They found #7 cylinder misfire, AFM lifter on exhaust stuck not letting valve open. Replaced lifters, gaskets, bolts, fresh coolant and oil, test drove to confirm no other issues.
Flash forward, February, 2019, started hearing that ticking again, but no MIL, until July 28th. Took it in, same dealership, 61995 miles, MIL, found code: P0300, P0301, P0307 P0306, P0304, pitted cam shaft on cylinders no. 4 lifter knocking noise, replaced camshaft, all lifters, drained and filled coolant, system recover and recharged a/c system, replace AFM plate due to bulletin, 15-06-01-002H replaced oil pump all ok.
Sorry for the long list, this time the ticking did not return, however, the MIL came on again, Feb. 26, 2020, stopped at a friends shop to pull up the codes, B127B, B1325, control module power circuit, P0102 mass or volume air flow sensor "A" circuit low, U0073 Control Module communication Bus A off, and U2204 Lost communication with HVAC control module. Mark, the owner, scratched his head and said you need to take this back to the dealer you bought it from and get your 2012 back, this is a POS.

Ok, folks, with in the next week, the engine overheated, found the leak on the bottom of the overflow reservoir, ordered a new one, in the mean time the dealership told me, #5 & 7 misfire, and the leak was at the heater hoses at the firewall. I had to go show them where the leak was. They wanted $675, to replace those 2 hoses and 2 spark plugs, which I refused and drove it home, installed the reservoir, let it run for 30-40 minutes, not a drop of water anywhere. Next day, was running fine for apporx. 9 miles, stopped at a red light, total black out, and smelled like a melting wire does when it shorts out. Opened the hood and steam, was spewing out between the head and block. The water temperature gauge never changed, was normal the entire time, and no MIL, it just died, not even a spark of power, no OnStar, nothing. Had it towed to same dealership, told me it was a blown head gasket, and should be covered by the limited powertrain warranty, good until 01/30/2021, or 100,011 miles. The service advisor's whole demeanor changed after he told me about the warranty, and suggested I take it to the dealership I brought it from, all of a sudden he was in a hurry to get the truck out of there.

Ok, towed it to the dealership I purchased it from, diagnosis the same, GM sent an email denying the warranty because: "motor was re-calibrated by a 3rd party". That was it. No details, I received nothing from GM after battling with them to give me proof. Am I supposed to take their word and leave it at that? If it was re-calibrated before I took possession of the vehicle, it's not my doing. I've had chevy's since 1970, except 2 Fords, 1 was a cosign for my son. Apologies for the long story, it's maddening that the treatment consumers have to deal with from entities like GM, don't we own part of GM, after all our tax dollars bailed their stinkin self out.

I have tried to find the GM regional representative, called both dealerships for a phone number, was told that information was confidential. Asked them to call the rep and have him call me, or email, smoke signals. Customer assisstance, is an oxymoron, they have no way to get that information.
I have exhausted every regulatory agency, State Attorney General, TXDMV, BBB. Can anyone shed any light on this, a phone number. Any other regress. I've called so many numbers for GM HQ in Detroit, I always end up with the Philipino call center. I have the name of the tech that sent the denial email. Nobody has access to his department, maybe he's an enigma.

At this point I am open to any and all help, criticism, advise, law firm contacts.

Thank you all for your time, this is the first time I've used a forum so correct me if I make a mistake.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Hire a lawyer to sue them!

Reactions: RWD

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I started looking to do. Like minded people who want to just live, and love their lives as well. I appreciate your advice very much and thank you sir.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
You may also consider contacting the Better Business Bureau. They were a great help to me when I ran into problems with a Wynjammer super charger.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried one of their programs, it was only for Lemon Law issues. Going to try another one they offer. I can't even get the Regional managers contact info. Apparently there are safe guards in place to protect their phone's and emails.
You may also consider contacting the Better Business Bureau. They were a great help to me when I ran into problems with a Wynjammer super charger.
Good that they were able to help you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts