Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Chevy Suburban Club Lucky Member Contest
Info, Rules & Guidelines

To help thank everyone that has helped this site grow to what it is today, we’re giving away a $100.00 VISA gift card to one lucky member that will be drawn at random on June 1st, 2006.

How does it work?
In the upper-right corner of each post in the message forum on www.chevysuburbanclub.com is a unique post number (i.e. #1545). On June 1st, we will randomly generate a number that falls between the first post of March 1st, 2006 and the last post of May 31st, 2006.

If that number matches the post number of a message that you posted, and you meet all criteria listed below, you win the $100.00 VISA gift card! The more messages that you post, the greater the odds are that you will win.

Contest Starts: March 1, 2006 – (03-01-2006) at 12:00 AM
Contest Ends: May 31, 2006 – (05-31-2006) at 11:59 PM

Who Is Eligible?
1. All members that have made at least 50 (fifty) posts by the end of the contest are eligible.
2. All members that have posted at least one (1) relevant photo in the Chevy Photo Gallery are eligible.
3. All other members and non-members are not eligible. That’s right; you have to have 50 posts and one picture to be eligible to win the contest.

Here are the Rules!
1. Posts made before March 1, 2006 do not count for the contest.
2. Posts made after May 31, 2006 do not count for the contest.
3. Posts that are considered spam will be disqualified from the contest. In the event that the randomly generated number matches with a spam message, a new randomly generated number will be selected.
4. The determination between valid and spam messages is solely at the discretion of the site administrator.
5. Any and all members that are banned from the website are automatically disqualified from the contest.
6. Prize will be announced during the first week of June 2006 through a publicly posted message, Private Message on chevysuburbanclub.com and email. It is the responsibility of the winner to monitor these communication methods and respond to collect the prize.
7. Prizes not collected within 7 days will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected.
8. The winner must provide some personal information, such as legal name and address, for us to award the prize. Failure to provide this information may result in disqualification and the prize being awarded to another member.
9. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. Contest void where prohibited by law and international treaty.
11. All members that are caught posting spam will automatically be disqualified and they will be banned from participating in future contests.
12. This post serves as the official contest rules list. Contest rules suject to change at discresion of site adminstrator.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It starts in only three more days. I would have thought there would be more excitement about it! Comeon folks, rub some dirt on it and get into the game!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe people are holding back??? Who knows, maybe? This is all just an exercise to give back a little bit to people who are posting and helping to turn this board into the #1 resource on the web for the Chevy Suburban!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*** Today marks the first day of the contest ***

Make certain to post as many messages as you want, every post counts to your total.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I guess I need to get some pictures of my Suburban and submit them so I can become elligible.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, as of right now, I'm not certain how many people are eligible. It might be a race between a small handful of people.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... however, the number of messages that are being posted has risen quite a bit. There may be 10-20 people by the end of the month that are in the pool. I'm going to keep going at it until I get a winner.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is a pretty cool idea! It also helps to ask people to invite their friends to the club. Maybe they can write an introduction for their friend and that post will count towards them in the contest :)

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I was thinking of doing some sort of referal points-bases system to help get people to refer other members to the site, but that seems like a lot of extra work and it makes it complex.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe that there is a plug-in module that will help to track referers. I may consider putting that in place sometime soon (after I finish moving).

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Even though I've been out and away for the past week with a bum elbow, this is still ongoing. Get your posts in and your pics up on the photo gallery.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All new members, don't forget about this contest. It's up for grabs and anyone can win it!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think that very few people are eligible for this unless more people start posting.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As of this posting, only 7 users are eligible to win this event.

2 users have post levels in the 40's.
4 users have post levels in the 30's.
4 users have post levels in the 20's.
Quite a few have post levels in the 10's.
A whole bunch between 1 and 10.

Let's face it though. Anyone could sign-up on the board and post 50 good messages on the board in maybe just an hour or so.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nope, just posts done on the ChevySuburbanClub.com.

Time is running out everyone. Only two weeks (roughly) to go on this. :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.