GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy is awesome. His sales experience must be unbelievable.

From the article:
Meet Derrel Alexander, Chevrolet salesman at White’s Mountain Motors in Casper, Wyoming. He’s on the job every morning at 8am and leaves at 3pm, Monday through Saturday. And he just turned 100-years-old earlier this month. Suddenly we’re all feeling a bit lazy here. Mr. Alexander has been selling Chevys most of his life, and Automotive News just did a recent profile on him, noting that he’s outlived most of his loyal customers. In fact, it is their children and grandchildren who are now his regulars.

8 pictures and video in the gallery

·
Super Moderator
1,878 Posts
That is amazing. He has seen quite a few cars in his lifetime. It's crazy to think he probably sold some of the first Suburbans and Corvettes.

Reactions: Beachbourbon

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
That a Boy... Um Yeh.. Keep it going.. Does he drive to work?

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
WOW and I thought I was a Chevy man LOL. What a job, What a sales man. Congrats to Mr. Darrel Alexander and happy 100th birthday.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Amazing, I doubt that he started out chasing down customers in the lot,
like a pack with a hot meal in site.
And I am pretty sure (hopefully_) he dosn't have to now.
Congrats, hope you have more to come. Mr. Alexander!

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
He must have beaucoup customers. If the average customer had three kids and they had three kids and they . . .

They must have had to form a line to buy cars. Or 'take a number'.

Ted

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Great! I may have to do a road trip for my first new car. He has probably forgotten more about GM vehicles than we know.

But who goes to a dealership at 8 a.m. to buy a new car? I've never heard of that. In fact, only the service departments are open that early around here.

·
Registered
13,617 Posts
Haha, our local one services breakfast at that time of the day.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Haha, our local one services breakfast at that time of the day.
That is actually a good idea! people would brave a stealership for free breakfast and coffee (must offer a Latte of some sort). If they also added a free YOGA class, they might actually have a STAMPEDE at a Toyota or Subaru dealership.

·
Registered
13,617 Posts
Haha, not free.

Airbag recall a couple of weeks, I went to their cafeteria for coffee, had to pay for the coffee and the breakfast (if I had ordered it) was around $8 bucks

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
That's what I found at the Ford dealership I buried my car at. Instead of the $8 breakfast and a fixed car, my wife got a new car. I got just as much indigestion from the payment as I would have from the greasy breakfast!

Reactions: RayVoy
1 - 12 of 12 Posts