GM Truck Club Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
That socket box is a nice piece Peter.
Thanks Ray!

Here's a link to what I did including pictures and other links for supplies if, anyone has some time to peruse through it, HTH. (y)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I bought these a while back, I don't know what quality they are but, you can get relays pretty cheap! The mounting tab is removable.

I bought this for under the hood of my truck - waterproof, holds 6 fuses and relays. May be a little overkill but it makes for a clean installation.
Yeah, I also noticed that the relays are a lot cheaper online. The fuse box is a pretty cool idea... but I don't think I have room in my engine bay for something like that, but I'm not sure. I'll have to check.

The hard part for me is to figure out how to do this cleanly. I know it can be done... it's just a question of how it will look afterwards.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks Ray!

Here's a link to what I did including pictures and other links for supplies if, anyone has some time to peruse through it, HTH. (y)
Very impressive! Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Wilson, you only need one relay.
So buy a relay with a socket that is wired with pig tails like the one I posted (I don't care if you get 4 leads, or 5, doesn't matter).
Find a good spot to mount it near the fuse panel and extend the pig tails with more wire. Buy wire of the same colour to extend the leads and solder and use shrink wrap.
Run the leads to the fuse box and follow my instructions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Wilson, you only need one relay.
So buy a relay with a socket that is wired with pig tails like the one I posted (I don't care if you get 4 leads, or 5, doesn't matter).
Find a good spot to mount it near the fuse panel and extend the pig tails with more wire. Buy wire of the same colour to extend the leads and solder and use shrink wrap.
Run the leads to the fuse box and follow my instructions.
Understood... It is a bit tempting to consider futureproofing though. :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
I didn't mean to steer you this way. I had a different situation thinking about doing other mods down the road The main reason is I had some links in my thread that may help you find what you're looking for, cheers!

·
Registered
15,226 Posts
Understood... It is a bit tempting to consider futureproofing though. :)
You can always add Peter's socket package when you get to the point of needing a 2nd relay for the next project, the relay is the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I didn't mean to steer you this way. I had a different situation thinking about doing other mods down the road The main reason is I had some links in my thread that may help you find what you're looking for, cheers!
NW... I certainly appreciate your input. It's always helpful to have more information to consider other possible solutions, even for future improvements.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts