GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Upload videos to youtube. Then post the link to the site. That's How all websites work when it comes to videos. The file size is way to big for the website to host them and so, way back in the day, youtube was created to solve this problem. you might all ready have an account, a gmail, hotmail or outlook can all log on I believe.

Al

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I have a video of the noise I can’t figure out how to upload it.

flex plate on older GM trucks 2500 did have crack and made noise...family member had to replace it .
2014 silverado could be other issues on whats making the noise . drive train issues on new GM..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Upload videos to youtube. Then post the link to the site. That's How all websites work when it comes to videos. The file size is way to big for the website to host them and so, way back in the day, youtube was created to solve this problem. you might all ready have an account, a gmail, hotmail or outlook can all log on I believe.

Al
Uploaded. Thank you

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
sounds like an engine failure .. AFM on your engine ? did you use dexos 2 engine oil spec ?
rapping ..

·
Registered
14,448 Posts
Hard to tell from the video; but it does sound like the "ring" of something hitting the flex plate.
The prev gen trucks had problems with the starter drive coming apart and hitting a tooth on the FP.
Is the sound louder in the right front wheel well?
Does the sound go away if you have the truck nose parked down hill.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Truck runs fine. Not throwing codes. Noise speeds up at idle when giving it gas

·
Registered
14,448 Posts
Truck runs fine. Not throwing codes. Noise speeds up at idle when giving it gas
Lots of things don't throw codes and a lot of codes don't light the CEL, or can be read on a scanner

Can you answer the questions I asked?

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
take the engine belt off and then the ac belt .. tension-er..?
sounds like engine noise .

·
Registered
14,448 Posts
It's talking to you, listen to it.

Be a shame to ruin a nice truck

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
I don’t have a clue what it is. I’m guessing just drive it till something breaks
so your not a person that does troubleshooting on everything. .. when a noise is made you can fix it quickly on the cheap... so your gonna pay a lot more with the total failure ..
I understand that your not gonna remove the belts ,, too much work ..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so your not a person that does troubleshooting on everything. .. when a noise is made you can fix it quickly on the cheap... so your gonna pay a lot more with the total failure ..
I understand that your not gonna remove the belts ,, too much work ..
Have no problem trouble shooting. I’m not mechanic by any means. That’s why I posted on here before I started tearing things apart

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
Have no problem trouble shooting. I’m not mechanic by any means. That’s why I posted on here before I started tearing things apart
go to you tube video ......... removing the engine belts...not difficult..
I replaced my ac belt tension-er made rapping noise .. 2000 silverado ..
on my 96 Impala I had a rumble noise removed the belt and the power steering pump shaft bearing was binding ..... cheap fix ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts