GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’m wondering if you guys had any rubbing issues with running 15x8 rims with 235/75/15 tires? I know my factory size tire for my truck is 235/75/15 I though it was 235/70 but when I looked at tire specs on my door i was wrong so my issue is I’m having some rubbing on when Turning especially when going over bumps and it’s hitting the lower corner at the bottom of the fender. So I’m wondering does the with of the wheel and the offset make a difference in rubbing clearance issues? My stock 15x7 with a higher offset I guess but than again it had 235/70 which is weird cuz that’s not the tire specs labeled on the door? So what can I do to fix this issue do I need to crank my torsion bar more for height clearance? Please help

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Wider rims (8 vs 7) as well as offset wheels (depending on which way the offset is) will cause that problem. There is only so much room inside the wheel arches/fenders. Lifting the truck may give a little more clearance but not when you hit a bump while turning due to tire flex etc. Also, its a stiffer ride. 70 series tires are lower profile (not as tall) than 75 series so the height clearance is different.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wider rims (8 vs 7) as well as offset wheels (depending on which way the offset is) will cause that problem. There is only so much room inside the wheel arches/fenders. Lifting the truck may give a little more clearance but not when you hit a bump while turning due to tire flex etc. Also, its a stiffer ride. 70 series tires are lower profile (not as tall) than 75 series so the height clearance is different.
Yes I’m thinking that even if I adjust the height it will still rub due the my offset my rims are negative -19 I’ve noticed that it rub on lower part corner of the fender and 1/2 turn it will catch on the fender already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts