GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the new body silverado with the 17s and im wondering if 16s or 16.5s will fit. are the brakes too big to fit the smaller wheel or am i clear?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yea you should be fine with getting 16's or 16.5's your discs aren't nearly that big..... but why do you want to downgrade? i know 16's are cheaper but if i were you id just stay with the stock size rim and ust get sftermarket 17's of you want new rims

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yea your prob right im not 100% sure... u really dont want to downgrade a rim size they are that size from the factory for a reason

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i thought about the brakes not fitting but i want to go smaller for cheeper tires and a bigger side wall with the same size as i have now, if that makes any sense to yall. im going to be putting bigger tires now that i have my leveling kit on witch raises another question, what size should i go with? i have 265/70R17 now. i was thinking maybe a 285/70???

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Go with the 285's they will fit much nicer. You would be able to run a 305 if you wanted to because I know the 4x4 with leveling kit can clear 33's. What gears do you have? I know when I changed to 32's with my 3.23's the change in performance was very noticeable. If your 4x4 has the 3.73 which I'm pretty sure it will you'll be fine. If not you may want to regear to 3.73's or 4.10's to help with tranny life.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gears

my window sticker says they are 3.42. i think that is really high. is this going to pose a problem with a 285? will 305s fit on a stock steel wheel. 305/70 i think that would real good

1 - 7 of 7 Posts