GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help Chevy experts,

I am adding aftermarket Fog Lights to my 17 Hoe. Purchased the Kit with wiring harness form eBay and they look bad ass, smoked with LED lights. I understand the wiring assembly at least i think I do... the one question i have is which fuse to tap into on my drivers side electrical fuse box. I have a Fuse tap ready to go but i need to tap into ACC power it said. I have no fricking clue which one that is? Here is a Pic of the panel and what is what. I labeled the one i think i can use as #8 but its SEO RAP. Please let me know what you would do...
Greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
1,106 Posts
You really only need to post once. Most of us check this forum by "New".

I would find one only powered by the ignition ON or ACC position. Should be simple enough with a test light. Radio should fit this bill and will prevent you from leaving it on when not in the vehicle.

What's the amperage rating for the fog lights?

You might consider putting it somewhere it comes on with the perimeter lighting...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about the Multiple posts. wasn't sure if they crossed over to each other. I'll check on the amps. I don't have a voltage meter or test light. Was trying to avoid purchasing one.

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
1,106 Posts
Everyone needs a good test light, at bare minimum. :) Think mine was $6 at NAPA for the "premium" one.

Are you running a relay for the lights or patching in the power to the lights straight from the fuse? I ask because what's feeding the fuse may not be able to handle the added load of an additional circuit. The fuses might not blow, but the hot line to the fuse may short. You'll have to keep this in mind when digging around in the fuse panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Everyone needs a good test light, at bare minimum. :) Think mine was $6 at NAPA for the "premium" one.

Are you running a relay for the lights or patching in the power to the lights straight from the fuse? I ask because what's feeding the fuse may not be able to handle the added load of an additional circuit. The fuses might not blow, but the hot line to the fuse may short. You'll have to keep this in mind when digging around in the fuse panel.
So they opened a new Harbor freight near me so I'll grab a test light and volt meter. 10 bucks for both. Can't beat that.
Yes I'm running a relay. The wiring harness has it all. Really just trying to figure out the fuse part. I was watching a utube video that mentioned trying all the empty spots to see if one has power and use that so it will be my first "test" with the new light. Really appreciate your assistance. Electric work in the Hoe makes me nervous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts