GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to this group, but I don’t know who else to ask, and I thought you guys would be able to give some insight.

I’m doing a frame swap on a 1950 Chevy truck on a 1999 S-10 frame. The 4x2 S-10 rear end is going to be too narrow to work with my project, but several people have done this swap with a 4x4 rear end. I have access to a 1992 Camaro rear end for free.

Is it worth the time and effort to make the camaro rear end work with the S-10 frame. the width looks about right, but I know there is difference between coil and leaf springs. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,156 Posts
I could be wrong; but I think the 2wd and the 4wd S10s have the same rear axle assembly, the same width.
I believe the ZR2 was the only module with a wider rear-end

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I’ve read the 2wd trucks have a width of 54.5in. The 4x4s have a width of 59.5in and ZR2s are 63in. After talking with the guys at code 504 that make the frame kit that I’m using, it looks like the 2wd rear end won’t work. I’v decided to use the Camaro rear end with a few modifications for leaf springs. I might go to a four link in the future, but I should be able to get it driving for a while with little work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts