GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site but my love for vintage pickups goes back to when I was a kid. My name is C. Van Tune and I've been an automotive journalist since 1981, including being the Editor-in-Chief of Motor Trend Magazine from 1994-2001. I currently have a TV show on ESPN called "DRIVE."

I want your members to know that I'm placing my fully restored 1957 GMC 100 for sale. The truck is a true time capsule from 50 years ago and has been a California vehicle since new; it still has its black license plate. I am only the third owner, and I searched for years before finding this lil' beauty. It is in wonderful stock condition, with the 270 I-6 and all other items restored to original. The odometer reads a bit over 74,400 miles and I have no doubt those are genuine miles. It looks and drives awesome.

If you're interested, I've listed it on eBay. Here's the link, with a lot of photos and a thorough description:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180144467314

This is a no-disappointments truck that I really want to see go to a GM enthusiast. I will be happy to answer any questions...just call me at 325/998-3398. Thanks, Van

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
That is one "Sic" GMC. Deserving of every penny you get for it. Wow!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Beautiful........I can understand the cost involved. It looks (and I'm sure it is) excellent.

Someone will have a very nice rig!!!!!

Thanks for the thread

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the nice words, guys. It drives as sweet as it looks. It was a tough decision to sell it but I'm out of garage space---I'm sure you all know about that!
Regards, Van

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
We're glad to have you aboard, Van. I hope you plan on sticking around with us. Maybe add some great Car/Truck insight? :great:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Welcome to the site and you were not kidding about such a fine looking classic!:great:

Someday when I grow up I want such a truck in my collection. Best of luck selling her!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Many serious inquiries about the truck? Looks like you've got a couple of bites but it's just cracked the minimum entry mark.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Wish I would have grabbed and saved these photos, this was a gorgeous truck. Maybe I can find them online.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts