GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MY TRUCK HAS 105,000 MILES ON IT AND IT HAS BEEN PLOWED WITH EVERY
YEAR SINCE 1983. i RECENTLY LOST THE REVERSE GEAR ON IT BUT THE DRIVE
ON THIS AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION WORKS GREAT. aNYBODY HAVE SUGGESTIONS WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT ? ALSO WHAT IS THE TRANSMISSION FLUID CAPACITY OF THIS MODEL ?? THANKS FOR ANY HELP ANYBODY CAN GIVE ME !!!:great:

·
Registered
51 Posts
just a drop and drain it should hold about 4.5 to 5 quarts of fluid, if it is a TH350, same if it is a TH400. If you replace the converter it's about 8 quarts of fluid. If your reverse is out, it's because it needs a rebuild. The reverse gear is gonzo, could be in the valve body or the planetary itself. If you yank it out yourself, a good tranny shop can do a rebuild for about $500. But get a new converter too. Some shops will sell you one with the rebuild, or you can go to Summit Racing and get a Summit brand converter for around 80 bucks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info!!

thanks for the info on my truck !! I will probably take to tranny shop and do as you said thanks al

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you are missing reverse and 2nd gear it is your reaction sun shell which means a "minor" rebuild. if you leave it to long the metal flakes will go through everything and need a complete overhaul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts