GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad just bought an 88 GMC and were starting to fix er up a little bit. Neither one of us like the instrument cluster with the moving lines. My question is how do we put a newer model cluster with the needles and maybe even the tach in it? The ones weve looked at in the junk yard have a different plug on the back of em so can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks for reading

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club. Sorry I can't help but I'm sure someone here can.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
If you take a look in my old threads i did this conversion.. It will require a wiring harness conversion from a 1991-1994 truck, and be sure you get the cluster from the same truck. It takes about 8 hours to do everything, and should cost less than $150 for the parts. It actually is quite easy and fun once you get the dash out.. Just take your time. But as i said there is a write up in one of my old threads. Or else if you have more questions let us know.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

I also moved this thread here to the electrical tech area....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I was thinking maybe I could splice the harness but after reading your thread.... I dont think Ill try that!! Think me n dad will hold off on this adventure for now. Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts