GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1990 k1500 took it mudding went to leave and realized my tails were out.. If I turn my hazards on the lights will flash but if I hit the brakes they stop flashing.. Everything seems to be plugged in I'm not the electric man..I'm kinda lost and short on time thanks for any advice

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
Sounds like the taillight circut boards are shot which is very common with the 1988-1998 chevies. they are about $20 at the parts store. and take about 15 min to replace.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Welcome to the club, k1500. I agree with Mike, sounds like circut boards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the welcoming.. Is it likely that they both went bad at the same time because I went mudding? I guess I'm going to attempt to explain my situation and try to clear things up.. With the lights on or off I have no lights in the rear if I hit the brakes i still have no lights in the rear.. The only time anything comes on in the rear is when I have my hazard lights on.. Alsooo.. My dash lights do not work.. If I turn my lights on the Ac/heat control display turns off too but with the lights off it stays lit up

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I would check all the trucks grounds, maybe one came loose/broke when mudding.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
They short out, there is a chance that one was bad before as well. The circut boards especially in the the pre 96 trucks were junk, and the bulbs would melt them down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to update everyone where I'm at.. there were a couple wires spliced into each other(the only thing original on the truck is the cab)..I found a wiring diagram on Mitchel on demand and got evrything back together (to my knowledge).. I got the dash lights working..Now with the tail lights.. If the headlights are off The brake lights work and so the the turn signals. If the lights are on, no lights in the rear work besides the license plate light which is seperate pretty much.. I'm also trying to google where I'm at and see if I can find common problems yada yada thanks for everyones advice

1 - 7 of 7 Posts