GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
So I have a 94 gmc 4x4 . With the tbi injectors or throttle body. Anyways at the moment it has 206,500 on the odometer. Lately it has absolutely no guts nuts nadda I start off from the stop sign at a snails crawl.. no power .I've done spark plugs distributiter cap Rotor ,timed it, flushed the fluids , pcv, temp , still no nuts nadda , runs rich you smell it , sounds throaty like i got heat under the hood and if I step in to it there is no stepping in to its just supper boggie. Can't go faster than 60.fuel consumption is bad I think 9 gal to the mail or less sometimes. Replaced , fuel , oil, air filters all changed , it's driving me nuts..
. So I have an opportunity to get a 454 tbi with 65000 miles and 400 trany ? 200$ outta a old rv .. my question is do I
A.stick with the old tired **** and try to fix the350 .. Might i add money is an issue . Im here on a shoe string .I don't have that sorta income to afford new crate motors or rebuilds . I mean I got nothing but the truck and my dog kinda broke
Or
B. Go big block 454 tbi with 65000 miles and swap the ****..does it just bolt on ??

I don't know much if what has to be done to make this possible as far as $$$ and tool resources ... but somethings has to be done . I rely on this truck it's all I got ..

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,500 Posts
What’s your fuel pressure? The big block can just bolt right in, but you’re going to need a PROM chip for the 7.4, a fuel pump for the big block. You didn’t mention the year of the donor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts