GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Y'all,

New to the forum here so take it easy on me. I have a 1992 K1500 just handed down to me from my pops. I would like to replace the front grille. Most everything you order in regards to parts are 88-98. However, I noticed the grille part is 1994-98. There are way more options in 94-98 range and they are better looking imo. I dont care for the center cross bar on the 92.

My question is this. Can I put a 94 on my 92? Are there any "major" mods that would need to be done. I really would prefer not to cut anything if i don't have to.

Thanks in advance for your input! Ill be making minor improvements to her as I get the time and money.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Yes you can. You will need the filler strip at the bottom and the 2 side fill strips that go on the edge of the fenders behind the bumper. May also have to swap the headlight buckets.

Reactions: RayVoy

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
There are several different grills for these trucks, and GMC has a different grill than Chevy. All of these grills are interchangable, but, you will need more than just the grill. This will depend on what grill you have, and what grill you want to replace it with. Here are 2 pics of my trucks. The one with the white grill, is a 1993, WT, and the chrome grill is a 1997 Silverado. As you can see the lights, turn signals side marker lights and grill it self are all different, but they will all bolt up to ether truck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the grille look I’m going for. No bow tie. Lol. Just the mesh part. So I have to get the grille and the mesh.

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
Thats a custom GMC grill. Here are 2 regular GMC grills, but like Chevy, GMC also has a WT grill, and its different. These are Sierra grills.

Reactions: T'sChevy

·
Registered
2014 GMC Sierra Z71
111 Posts
Hi Y'all,

New to the forum here so take it easy on me. I have a 1992 K1500 just handed down to me from my pops. I would like to replace the front grille. Most everything you order in regards to parts are 88-98. However, I noticed the grille part is 1994-98. There are way more options in 94-98 range and they are better looking imo. I dont care for the center cross bar on the 92.

My question is this. Can I put a 94 on my 92? Are there any "major" mods that would need to be done. I really would prefer not to cut anything if i don't have to.

Thanks in advance for your input! Ill be making minor improvements to her as I get the time and money.
I had a 1994, and then a 1993 big Blazer k1500Silverados. Be advised that there could be a difference in a side part of the grill that skirts around and envelops the two amber marker/ turn signal lights on the corners. I think the very early 90's had it, while by 1994, that edge went away, so I'm not 100% sure it'll fit

1 - 8 of 8 Posts