GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the exhaust manifold donut gaskets on my 95 Sierra 350 v8 auto.
I forgot to look before I headed to the parts store. Would my exhaust flanges be 2 bolt or 3 bolt? Any help is appreciated! Thank's

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Only thong, Im not sire you have a doughnut gasket. I know my 97 Silverado 5.7L 350 has a taper on the manifold that is made like a doughnut gasket. It can not be replaced. I have shorty headers now, and have had them several years, but Im almost sure the OE manifold a is as mentioned.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Only thong, Im not sire you have a doughnut gasket. I know my 97 Silverado 5.7L 350 has a taper on the manifold that is made like a doughnut gasket. It can not be replaced. I have shorty headers now, and have had them several years, but Im almost sure the OE manifold a is as mentioned.
My 99 Sierra 2500 350 has them. I just had to get one replaced a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
2500 has a different exhaust, its bigger than 1500. I know my 97 1500 did not have them. It was molded into the exhaust manifold. At least that how mine was any way.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
The OP has a 2500.
Oh, my bad, your rite. This new format, with all the pop up BS, limits what I can see on my phone. Guess I missed the 2500 thing, some how. I was replying at work, so that may also be why, IDK.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm going work on my exhaust manifold flanges this weekend. The parts guy claims my truck takes the donut. I'll find out when I take it apart?
Anyone know what size and length flange bolts to use? I'm going to pick some up before I start working on the truck.
Thank's all for the help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It may have a donut, if it does, do not crank down the bolts to hard and make sure to tighten in EVEN turns on the flange.
Little here, little there even on each nut. You are going to want to crank it down to prevent leaks, but only go to a 30 lbs. max on each nut.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts