GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1996 tahoe 2 door has a hard start. If it sits over night it will fire up but if it sits for 3 hours then i try again it hard starts, there is no check engine ligt either its got the multi port upgrade and a new fuel pressure regulator

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,866 Posts
What’s your pre start fuel pressure?

·
Registered
‘01 Silverado 2500HD 8.1/Allison 5sp xcab long bed
3,866 Posts
ok good. That at least rules out a faulty pump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I saw this on another thread a little while ago. I had the same issue. It’s leaking injector(s). In my case I had the spider injector system and changed it out with aftermarket unit. Not sure if you have same system. But this classic behavior of this problem. The engine gets flooded with fuel and takes forever to clear on short off times. If it sits overnight or longer then all is well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw this on another thread a little while ago. I had the same issue. It’s leaking injector(s). In my case I had the spider injector system and changed it out with aftermarket unit. Not sure if you have same system. But this classic behavior of this problem. The engine gets flooded with fuel and takes forever to clear on short off times. If it sits overnight or longer then all is well.
It holds pressure and takes about 10 mins for every 5 pounds to bleed off ... its got the mpfi conversion to it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts