GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
96 2 door tahoe miss fires at idle and at while acceleration at low rpms, at full throttle no miss at all has mpfi conversion
Fuel psi primeing 62
Running 54
Noid light tested the injector harness checks out
Currently have no codes but miss is still there and smells like on fire im thinking it because a oxygen rich fuel mix burn
In the 2 pics the plug/wire tester on and the brighter one it firing the smaller 1 i think it could be arcing but i tested 3 7 and 1 and all 3 do the same thing

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,582 Posts
Fuel psi primeing 62
Running 54
Those numbers -- especially the running pressure -- look low to me. My next step would be to further diagnose the fuel pressure to understand why you aren't getting to 60-66 expected while running. In my case, with similar pressures (and intermittent misfires and bad running), my fuel pump proved to be the culprit and replacing the pump cleared things up.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its random when it comes back i notice it more driving at om freeway when i give it like 70% peddal. at wide open its fine also i replaced both pcv valve and the thing on intake but it came back after about 10 mins driving i figured maybe it was bad because its right above cyl 7 but still doing it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts