GM Truck Club Forum banner

1997 chevy 1500 z71 rear shocks

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  sed335i 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm looking to replace the rear shocks on my chevy and it has bilstiens on now but they are kind of pricey. What are some other good options? I saw some AC Delco shocks just curious if anyone has used those. Thanks

#3 ·
I don't think your going to get much of a lift, and I am not a brand guy, but I can tell you the guys on here swear by the bilstiens and I can also tell you that you can use the 3/4 ton rated shock on your 1/2 they are a direct fit.

#8 ·
To be honest with you summitwhite, I noticed no change at all. The ride of my 1500 is so much of a difference than my 2500 that I never felt a change. Driving my 1500 to me, is like driving a Caddy. But that might all change with the warmer weather, have a set of 3" lift keys and aluminum blocks that I picked up back in the fall of 2014 < that I have been dying to install on the 1500.

I did finally get the 4 High done last week on the 2500 so some progress was made.

But I also have a set of Short Shots, a programer, and fluids to get changed along with a badly needed cleaning on my Superglide. So I will have to see how it all shakes out. And where my priorities land, didn't get much time to ride the bike last summer due to early Aug heat attack. So do have a few cravings for it, especially with weather beginning to look habitable once again and day-light savings time tonight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.