GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, guess you just can't kick the feeling you get from a vehicle that treated you right.
My wife is getting pretty worked up about the gas prices. She's been eyeing a lot of four cyl cars, and SUV's lately. Tomorrow she wants to go look at a 97 grand am that she saw in the paper, for a commuter car.

Her previous, '93 Grand Am treated her quite well, and I think she's definitely regretting ever getting rid of it.

Wish us luck, we might be coming home tomorrow with her new little toy.
Which naturally will be mine to fix/modify. Could be fun..who knows?

I never got to modify the last one. But with this one, since she's unfamiliar with it, I can tell her it needs...a CAI, and I can probably get away with that. She's not brain dead, so I can't tell her it needs a turbo...although that could be a fun mod.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I like playing the "What can I get away with" game with the wife too. Oh that that was there when we bought it honey, Honestly
Good luck with your search

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well we were unable to view the car today. The seller was busy, and it's been raining all day. Looks like we'll check it out tomorrow. I think the wife is ready to buy. (That scares me) I better pick this thing apart when I see it.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Well we were unable to view the car today. The seller was busy, and it's been raining all day. Looks like we'll check it out tomorrow. I think the wife is ready to buy. (That scares me) I better pick this thing apart when I see it.
Does that mean you'll be up to 3 vehicles?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
My folks have owned several Pontiacs over the years, including a Grand Prixs and a Grand Am for mid 90's vehicles. I always felt like they were pretty sporty things. They had an engine go out in (I think) a '94 Grand Prix at 30,000 miles caused by a faulty harmonic balancer that shook the engine apart. They got a new crate engine installed at 30k and drove that thing all over the place for the next 5 years w/o a problem and were able to sell it with an engine with 30k less than the odometer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts